We want to create an ideal healing environment for you and your children at Danat Al Emarat. The following guidelines for you will help us ensure that your stay or visit is comfortable.
1.No smoking policy
Smoking is not allowed inside the hospital. If you would like to smoke, you may use the designated smoking areas outside the buildings.
2.Patients’ Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient, you have a responsibility:
- To bring your insurance card with you when you’re attending a healthcare facility.
- To follow the given rules and regulations of our healthcare facility.
- Follow the treatment plan as outlined by the assigned healthcare professional.
- Ask any questions if you are not clear about any aspect of your healthcare.
- To consider the rights and responsibilities of other patients and healthcare professionals.
- Not to use abusive language or display unsociable behavior towards other patients, visitors or staff.
- To show consideration for the needs of others at all times.
- To only use emergency services in the case of urgent problems or when you are unable to use other health services.
- To give accurate information – personal details, medical history, medication you are currently receiving and history of allergies or sensitivity to certain medication.
- Be liable for your own actions if you do not to follow the advice, instructions and/or treatment plan and recommendations.
- To safeguard and be responsible for the safety of your belongings whilst receiving any healthcare treatment.
- To keep appointments and inform the staff if you are unable to attend so the time can be assigned to other patients.
- To inform the staff if you have any special needs for effective discharge from a hospital or clinic. You are expected to begin preparations for discharge to the best of your ability as soon as you are medically fit.
- To be accountable for payment of any deductible or medical service excluded from the insurance scheme provided by the practitioner/facility.
As a patient, you have the right to:
- Be treated to the highest professional standards by appropriately licensed, qualified and experienced practitioners in a fully licensed and approved facility.
- Be involved in any decision-making about your treatment and care.
- Carry out communication in your native language or through the services of an interpreter.
- Refuse or accept treatment based on personal decision/preference.
- Have access to your medical records and expect those records to be up-to-date and accurate.
- Receive information on admission regarding the health care facilities regulations and relevant policies.
- Reasonable safety in relation to the healthcare facility environment and practices.
- Seek a second opinion if you so choose.
- Privacy, both of person and information.
- Be informed regarding any uncovered costs and expenses prior to making decisions.
- Receive treatment in an emergency situation, regardless of the status of your insurance card.
- Receive information on how to make a complaint to the healthcare facility if unhappy about the lack of adherence to the stated regarding their rights, medical examination or treatment, the behavior of the staff or healthcare facility safety standards.
3.Medical Record Collection
As general practice, we do not release medical records via electronic means such as e-mail, fax etc.
1) If you want to collect your medical record, you need to be at the hospital to sign for it.
2) Alternatively, you can authorize a friend or relative to pick the records up by giving them an authorization letter. The person picking up the medical records needs to provide a copy of their id as well as a copy of your id, together with the authorization letter.
We can hand over your medical records either in hard copy or on a CD at your discretion.
Although there is ample parking space available for you and your visitors, for added convenience, we also offer valet services.
If you have just delivered your baby and are ready to leave the hospital, we offer complementary drop-off services.
5.Child car seat policy
For the safety of your newborn baby, we strongly encourage you to have a child safety seat fitted in your car. You can purchase one from the hospital pharmacy or rent one from us.
6.Birth companion (Doula)
We observe a strict policy for your safety, so only one guest is allowed to assist the mother while in labor. No exceptions are made.
We recognize the comfort of having a loved one by your side while you slumber, so we have a varied range of rooms designed for you:
Regular & VIP Single Rooms – One guest is allowed to stay overnight for patients residing in single rooms. This overnight stay will be charged separately.
VIP & Royal Suites: two guests are allowed for patients residing in the VIP or Royal suites.
Presidential Suite: Three guests are allowed for patients residing in the Presidential suite.
8.Guest Visiting Hours
Our visiting hours extend from 10 am to 11pm. For more information, please contact the front desk at the Danat Al Emarat Hospital or click here to contact us.